Cray Online and J_PROJECT Official Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

________
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's happened?!  (Read 1253 times)

Meks

What's happened?!
« on: January 02, 2015, 06:08:21 AM »

I remember the days when vanguard was relatively new. Few clans here and there, but expansions were coming out nicely. The english dubbed anime fresh on youtube, got me hella gassed to play, something I haven't been inclined to do with any card game since yugioh days. So saying I set out to find somewhere online to play and probably not suck at the game but have fun too. And thus I found cray online.

Cray online is literally one of two vanguard online games (disregarding games on 3DS and the like as well as tradecardsonlines one because its just terrible) and the better one in my opinion (the other being cardfight area). Its simple and easy to use and whilst it might not have thousands of people into it, there was a large enough following that fights weren't hard to come by and even a dedicated few regulars who gave helpful advice and training. The updates whilst lagging behind with the expansion releases sometimes, were still regular and kept the game up to date. All in all it was just dandy (lol) when I had to stop playing for a bit to hit up uni, occassionally dropping back in for a fight or two.

Backstory done, onto the main issue. Daflip has happened to (my) cray online?! It's stagnated. Not had an update since I last left it and there's a ton o new stuff out and now because of that people have supposedly left and its slowly died (or dying for the optimistic) :'(

"But Meks" you say "what if they owners/programmers are busy and living their lives too" to which I say I thought of that and thank them for making a damn good program, however surely just adding in the card images etc isn't too much to ask is it?  :'( or failing that can someone else please be able to do it?

All in all what I want is a revival. I know I'm probably being selfish wanting to see Cray online like it used to be and demanding some updates but as they say you don't know until you try.

The part time vanguarder
Meks

Wings_Of_Glory

Re: What's happened?!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 06:33:59 AM »

I AGREE...
My Cray Online stage started in August of 2013 and I met the coolest people on Cray. Cray is actually where I found all of my "online" friends on Cray. There is even a Cray Online Evolve chat that was very popular, all until cray stopped updating.People on Cray stay stronged for awhile after the last update, people had tournaments still but after a while people were wanting to play with the new sets. I stayed and played with my friends because we didnt need the update to have fun but would still have liked to play with the new cards.

I heard this new thing called Cardfight Area and I decided to try it out. There was a huge base of people on it. I even found old members from cray who made the jump. I asked why they left and they said they left because of the lack of updating.

My thoughts are if someone starts updating it again I think we can get our database back if you guys need to even have something for donations to update or need someone to buy it off you...I would be more than willing to buy it. I can not feel but anger and disapproval if this great game/system went to waste... PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!
Thanks for reading!!
Sincerly long time member,
Wings

J_BYYX

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 02:56:34 PM »

I am really happy to see people still wanting to play on Cray. But I don't really have any incentive to update it. I am no longer interested in Vanguard, Cray engine is outdated and not really fun to work with, I barely earn enough money from ads (just barely enough to pay to keep site online), and I never got any donations in Cray's lifetime. I can only thank some fans who provided card.db updates from time to time, and helped moderating forum and evolve chat.

I might add G-Units and G-Zone someday, but I'm am not sure if I could keep up with card updates.

Wings_Of_Glory

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 07:57:32 PM »

awwww J how much did it cost is there anyway i could possibly buy it off you??

J_BYYX

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 08:06:36 PM »

Don't worry about that  :P I'm planning to host some other projects later this year so it will help with server costs.
If anyone wants to host site or something like that  I can rent some space cheap. Just pm me about that.

Wings_Of_Glory

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 06:50:08 AM »

Hey J also is there anyway you could possibly add in a spectator mode because i was just talking in a skype call with someone who was a recent cray fighter but now area and he said if there was a spectator thing he would be sold... so if you could that would be great...
Thanks
Wings

Eronan

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 12:34:13 PM »

Well I've decided to try and make a replica of Cray Online using Visual Studio. Since I'm much more skilled with c# than I ever was with python. It'll probably take a while, but I'll see how it goes.

J_BYYX

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 03:02:29 PM »

Well I've decided to try and make a replica of Cray Online using Visual Studio. Since I'm much more skilled with c# than I ever was with python. It'll probably take a while, but I'll see how it goes.

How about C++?

darkmao

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 02:25:27 PM »

idk if c++ is in my field im studing yet but i will find out once i go back to school im going for information tech soon
Pages: [1]   Go Up