Cray Online and J_PROJECT Official Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

________
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial Update Team  (Read 1453 times)

Xelisaurus

Unofficial Update Team
« on: September 23, 2014, 05:31:27 AM »

Alright. So I'll make this thread cause I feel it needs to be made.
To help keep Cray Up-to-date on all the newly released cards, I want to start a "team"/group that can efficiently make unofficial updates. I have positions and duties written out, all are not fair but have their duties.

To make this a success I will need about Seven to Ten people(extras for back up just in case), myself included, that can speak and understand basic to complex English. Also can frequent this forum at least 2-3 days a week.

Things different people will be responsible for are:
• Good Quality Card Images
(resized and saved in correct image format to work for cray, be able to save in a compressed folder as well)
• Newly Released and Confirmed Card List
(will bed required to source link(ei. cardfight wikia or bushiroad.fm) and work with programs like MS Notepad or similar to submit reports)
• Database Editors and Reviewers
(Need about three to eight people for this, at least two editors and reviewers; editors make the database edits, reviewers spell check and such; also work with MS Notepad or similar to submit reports)

I, myself, will be taking a position of "Leader", not out of rank, but to ensure efficiency. As leader I would like to be able to make weekly releases with whatever gets revealed and confirmed, to lessen the strain when official boosters get released. I will also be receiving all reports, files, etc and compiling them into these weekly releases.

If you are interested in being an "Editor", I can provide you with a typed out method for editing, as well as an explanation on how my method works and is efficient. IT will however require you to make download at least one program, and sign up for one file sharing website.
"Reviewers" may be required to download at least 1 program as well. An "Unzipping"/extracting program only most likely.

And should J_BYYX see this, I'm sorry but i didn't know what thread to put it in. I thought general discussion to be safe, but this was more of a "support" idea.

I'm not looking for coders to make the program itself better. I cannot, nor do i want to, be responsible for that.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to comment them in this thread.
I may have missed from spots, but i think i covered all the bases without getting into too much detail. (cause who'd want to read a really long post)

VSxERLolitaku428

Re: Unofficial Update Team
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 11:27:48 PM »

Hey, good idea imho. owo

I'd like to apply for the 1 spot that's the most important to me personally: Good Quality Images. Though not that rarely some might be rally hard to find, especially if they are of new cards, but I'd try my best and would most likely take Cardfight-Wikia as source most of the time.

You would, however, need to tell me the dimensions and the format for Cray and also I don't really understand what you mean with "be able to save in a compressed folder"...isn't that possible for every file-format? (if you mean .zip and stuff)

ascriptmaster

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 02:28:58 AM »

As much as I would like to help with the unofficial updates, as it stands right now, I am far too busy to contribute directly. I do, however, have a video tutorial on how to add cards to the Cray Online database in my signature if you want to check it out. The video may be several months old, but most if not all of the information should still be relevant.

You would, however, need to tell me the dimensions and the format for Cray and also I don't really understand what you mean with "be able to save in a compressed folder"...isn't that possible for every file-format? (if you mean .zip and stuff)

I'll just answer this directly so you don't have to look through the entire video to get to the part you want. The images should have dimensions 165 x 240 and JPG format. So all the images need to be named (card name).jpg although evidently it's fine if the image name is all lowercase instead of matching the punctuation. However, it's important to note that symbols like the ♥ in PR♥ISM are required!

Either way, no matter what role you have on this unofficial update team, best of luck to all of you!

Xelisaurus

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 01:38:43 PM »

I'd like to apply for the 1 spot that's the most important to me personally: Good Quality Images. Though not that rarely some might be rally hard to find, especially if they are of new cards, but I'd try my best and would most likely take Cardfight-Wikia as source most of the time.

I would be flattered if you would be the one to do the image gathering. As for the source, I'd end up using the wikia as well, just cause reasons. If anything I'd probably use the official sites for my own personal collection cause copyright distributing. @_@ yay lawsuits lol

As for what i mean by "able to save in compressed folder", yes i do mean .zip folders. and like ascriptmaster had already said. the card images need to be saved as word for word card names, including special characters like the ♥ in PR♥SM, but there is something I'd like to share about that. -quoting ascriptmaster for this too-
However, it's important to note that symbols like the ♥ in PR♥ISM are required!
There is now a problem with Microsoft(?) and compressing files with special characters in their names. I have tried many times to save an image with ♥ in it's name and compress it for others, but Windows tells me it is unable to because of the symbol.
If anything, will need to make an announcement about that with any updates so others know.
As much as I would like to help with the unofficial updates, as it stands right now, I am far too busy to contribute directly. I do, however, have a video tutorial on how to add cards to the Cray Online database in my signature if you want to check it out. The video may be several months old, but most if not all of the information should still be relevant.
I have seen your video, and it has helped me with making previous unofficial updates. so I'd like to thank you for that.
one thing I'd like to point out though, is that the program used to edit the database -forgot name- has had some updates as well, which I have familiarized myself with. The updates have made it a bit easier to do the edits, but not by much to be honest lol
But yeah. Just thought I'd share with you that it has had an update.

VSxERLolitaku428

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 03:01:14 PM »

Errm, if I'm correct, then it should be possible to keep the ♥ and other stuff with 7Zip...otherwise I'll try around, I know there is a way, since it's the same with compressing japanese symbols, which is possible too...

Also I need to know for which cards better pictures are needed, since I don't have that much freetime, while I usually come on here once per day(or once in 2 days), I probably can only work on getting the images during the weekends...

Xelisaurus

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 03:16:34 PM »

Errm, if I'm correct, then it should be possible to keep the ♥ and other stuff with 7Zip...otherwise I'll try around, I know there is a way, since it's the same with compressing japanese symbols, which is possible too...

Also I need to know for which cards better pictures are needed, since I don't have that much freetime, while I usually come on here once per day(or once in 2 days), I probably can only work on getting the images during the weekends...

Hm. If other programs can zip it with the characters, then I'll for sure look into that. but not now. now is time for sleep. lol

as for the images thing. I wont need anyone to do anything until I get at lest 1 person for each position. so for now, just relax and be free. If i remember correctly, Kota already has an up to date database made(or finishing being made).
If he needs help with that, then I'll for sure help out with what i can, but i don't know how much more work is needed for it, so for now this update team thing is a "project in the making"

VSxERLolitaku428

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 10:16:37 PM »

@Xelisaurus: Ok, I guess I'll just wait for it then... XD ...wish, I'd be free... :x ...let's just hope, that a team does indeed assemble...

Xelisaurus

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 06:13:20 AM »

Honestly, if i had made this thread months ago, I probably would have people to do this by now, but alas. i had not thought about posting a thread for it back then
Pages: [1]   Go Up