Cray Online and J_PROJECT Official Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

________
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legion Mechanic  (Read 1530 times)

ascriptmaster

Legion Mechanic
« on: March 08, 2014, 07:59:59 AM »

With the new Legion mechanic being announced, allowing two cards to exist at the same time in the Vanguard Circle, I was wondering how it would be implemented in Cray Online. Would there be an extra spot for the Legion Mate, or what?

VSxERLolitaku428

Re: Legion Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 10:57:15 PM »

My suggestion on that would be to make it possible to place the cards on the VG-Circle on 3 different spots: The "normal" one in the middle, and 2 more that are slightly on the sides of that spot, but still halfway inside of it. Sure, it would look strange once you Rest the legioned VG, but still better than nothing, I think...

J_BYYX

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:56:12 PM »

Due to how card placement is coded you will have to use Legion like this until I figure out how to avoid bugs like disappearing cards and stuff (but if that gets fixed we should get proper damage zone too)

Nyash

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 10:49:10 PM »

CFA released this unique mechanic, can you do the same? Please! I wish use fusion art!

ascriptmaster

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 04:42:04 AM »

Since dragging a card onto the field gives 3 options, being "Call/Ride", "Guard", and "Bind", it might be possible to add a new option called "Legion". In a similar manner to how using "Call/Ride" on the Vanguard Circle automatically pushes the unit on top of it into the soul, could it be possible to have a special attribute in cards such that the sprites are automatically shifted and (temporarily) merged?

Kota

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 10:21:23 PM »

First off, just so you know, the card images aren't sprites.  They don't have varying states.  Secondly, that would require a lot more coding.  I think it's doable, but will probably take a while.  That said, we don't need new circles.  Just a wider Vanguard circle, as it were.
Pages: [1]   Go Up