Cray Online and J_PROJECT Official Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

________
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can it work on lan without hamachi or evolve  (Read 1335 times)

first_man

can it work on lan without hamachi or evolve
« on: October 06, 2013, 07:29:27 AM »

help, i want to play with my friends but i can't get it to work

Kota

• Global Moderator
Re: can it work on lan without hamachi or evolve
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 07:44:06 AM »

Yes; this is how Cray Online was coded to work.  Hamachi and Evolve are actually programs which allow you to create networks with people via direct IP connections but modified so that a LAN is not necessary.  However, Cray Online's own "Get IP" function was not intended for use with LAN.  Instead, it gets your Default Gateway's external IP instead of the IP address assigned by your LAN's DHCP.  To find the appropriate IP address for use with LAN networking, there is little in the way of "simple" options, however, I will simplify this as best as I can.
Start Menu > Run
Enter "cmd.exe" (or find another way to run CMD as per your level of knowledge)
A new window should open with a black background, ">C:" or something equivalent, and a blinking cursor.  Type in "ipconfig"  Search for your LAN adapter in the list (shouldn't be hard to find), and find the listed IP address (Usually, it will begin with 192.168., but this is not always the case.)  This is the IP address someone on your LAN must use to connect to you.

lightningdragon96

Re: can it work on lan without hamachi or evolve
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 08:26:50 AM »

Actually there is a much easier way, you can simply use the name of the other computer on the network. it'll work just fine, have fun  ;D.

Pages: [1]   Go Up