________

Poll

Good Idea?

Yes, I'll join
Yes, But I can't join
No, But I'll join anyways
No, I'll not join

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [attempt 2] Weekly Showdown [___day]  (Read 1791 times)

kumadown

[attempt 2] Weekly Showdown [___day]
« on: August 18, 2013, 04:28:00 AM »

Well seeing as the first attempt was a failure. I think the main reason being I picked a poor day for a tournament. So it guess it's time to addapt and instead of making everyone contort to my schedule I'll try to pick a date/time that's good for everyone. So people reading this, please post the best time/date for you to participate in a tournament. also don't forget to include your timezone, or a timezone reference. simply telling me 6 isn't going to help much.

PLEASE IGNORE EVERYTHING BELOW THIS LINE

at this time I am not accepting participants, nor is this tournament official yet.

Introduction
Hello everyone, Kumadown here, with my first thread ever on this forums, but don't let that scare you, I'm pretty good at navigating my way around forums (at least I hope I am). Now before I begin, I have been told that I tend to go on and on and on...well I'm sorry, once I get my fingers moving on my keyboard I have a hard time stopping. But I digress.

Now if you haven't guess by the title of the thread, this is intended to be a once a week tournament hosted on -drum roll please- "Saturdays!!!"[ding ding ding confetti everywhere]. Now then you might be wondering...

"What makes this tournament so special"
Well to be honest the answer is nothing really. But so far of all the thread's I've seen on here are 1 time tournaments only. Personally I would like to have a weekly tournament so I can see how I'm improving and such. "But that's what locals are for!!!!". Well not everyone has locals they can attend.

"Have you ever have experience hosting a tournament"
Well for vanguard...no, but I've hosted a good amount of Yu-gi-oh tournaments before and they've all turned out close to perfect, maybe here and there there's a no show, but that can hardly be my fault now...can it o-o

As more come to mind, I'll add it to the intro, but for now I think that about covers everything.

Contacts:
My username on evolve "Kumadown"
my skype "pandamaximus"

I prefer contacts over skype more than evolve since I don't think I'm ever logged off skype. But a private chat via evolve might work as well.

Helpful

that's a link to the latest cray online
http://vanguard.jproject.xz.lt/index.php?board=3.0

That's a link to the evolve client
https://www.evolvehq.com/client

that's a link to the cray online group [evolve]
https://www.evolvehq.com/groups/cray-online-official

the vanguard wiki
http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Cardfight!!_Vanguard_Wiki

CF Rules
http://cf-vanguard.com/en/howto/

Brackets [should probably familiarize yourself]
http://challonge.com/

Tournament Info

Time Zone:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=786
this would be the time zone we will be using to plan tournaments. any questions just ask

Tournament dates/time:
The tournament will be held on saturdays, tournament sign up will be cut off sometime on Friday night around 10-12, so if you are planing to join please don't make it last min.

The tournament will begin at 12:00 pm (afternoon) on saturday [use the time zone listed above]

Tournament Format:
it will very depending on the tournament.
[by format I mean tcg, or ocg, or ocg no banned list, I will not make or accept a custom banned list]
If there are any questions about what a format is, ask around and people will explain I'm sure.

Very Very Very Important Information

All brackets and sign ups will be hosted on Challonge [I will provide a date] I will make it so that you are able to add yourself, if you ask me to add you I might remember to, I might not. so if you wish to participate be sure to add yourself.

All participants must have evolve, this is how I'm willing to communicate on the day of the event.

I will most likely be on 30 mins before the tournament begins. All tournament participants must be online at least 10 mins before the tournament begins. This way I can make sure you going to participate.

I will invite all participants to a party, if you are not in the party by the 10 min cut off, you will forfeit the tournament.

The ideal number for tournament participants will be 16. but 8 will work also. for those who sign up before the official cut off [which is friday night] they will be garrenteed a slot. but in case we do not meet the optimal number I will allow later comers to join, but only if we do not meet the optimal number.

in case we are not at an optimal number, there will be a tournament delay of 30 mins in an attempt to gather more participants.

if optimal number is not met, certain participant will be given a "bye". bye's are given at random [generated by challonge] and is no way reflected based off of skill or such. [in case you're wondering a bye is an automatic advancement]

All matches would be best 1 out of 1 [this is how bushiroad does things, and this is suppose to simulate how things are run, I apologize once again, in the future this might change but for now it's how it is]

at anytime during a match, a Disconnect will be treated as an automatic loss

any form of cheating will be treated as an automatic loss

failure to respond to your opponent in a timely manner will be treated as an automatic loss

Rude and inappropriate behavior will be treated as a loss. [If you think your opponent is being rude, inform your opponent, if he continues to be rude then inform me and I will deal with it cause your opponent might not know that he is being rude]

When signing up for tournament, please use your "evolve" name.

All participants are only allowed to use 1 deck. but don't post what deck you're using else opponents might get an advantage. I'll lave it to faith that each participant will stick with 1 deck.

showdown #1 [Aug 24, maybe 31's if insufficient participants]

Format: TCG
Date: Aug 24 [if insufficient participants date will be moved to the next sat. aug. 31]
Time: 12:00 PM [meet on evolve no later than 11:50 AM]
Prize: None at this time.
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/IPcUbBOIlr

Previous Winners
-
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:21:32 AM by kumadown »

vgames61

• I'm a mudkip :3
Re: [unopened] Weekly Showdown Saturdays
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 07:20:51 PM »

i love the idea
BOW DOWN TO THE EVERLASTING FLAME THAT DESTRYOED EVERYTHING!

Gopal

• On your bed, sleeping..
Re: [unopened] Weekly Showdown Saturdays
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 07:40:11 PM »

I am in. My Evolve name is Gopal.
And ugh, I don't myself know what deck I'll use.

vgames61

• I'm a mudkip :3
Re: [opened] Weekly Showdown Saturdays
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 04:40:38 PM »

i'm in

im vgames61 on evolve

and i'll be using a Kagero deck
BOW DOWN TO THE EVERLASTING FLAME THAT DESTRYOED EVERYTHING!

kumadown

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 04:27:07 PM »

due to insufficient participants, tournament will be delayed to next sat. if by then there is not 8 members, the tournament will be disbanded.

HikariKibo

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 04:00:01 AM »

would love to join, but sadly my time zone is a pain in the ass to most people. >.<

kumadown

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 12:55:14 AM »

It's cool, it's the though that counts

what I find weird is that via poll there are 6 potential joiners. yet there are only 2 that's signed up

HikariKibo

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 03:30:40 AM »

perhaps they are not that confident yet  ;)
Some people dislike losing to stranger. It's a sad sad feeling >.<

kumadown

Re: [attempt 2] Weekly Showdown [___day]
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 10:42:01 AM »

bump o-o?
Pages: [1]   Go Up