Cray Online and J_PROJECT Official Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

________
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cray Online 0.3.3.0  (Read 18475 times)

HikariKibo

Re: Cray Online 0.3.3.0
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2013, 10:35:16 AM »

I downloadad it but when I click on Cray Online.exe, nothing happens and then a settings.xml file appears. I tried to delete it but it reappeared when i click on Cray Online.exe again. What should I do? I'm using Windows btw.

Try deleting the cray file and download a new one. I often get this issue when i force close cray. To do it in a more efficient manner, after you redownload it, you can put a "backup" folder and copy paste the whole file while it is working in. that way if it ever get error again, you can simply replace it. :3

HikariKibo

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2013, 10:43:42 AM »

That way it would be easier to use skills such as look at top 5 and choose one card, while keeping both you and the the cards you drew hidden from your opponent.
So if you want to put them back to the bottom (or top with the new OTT breakride) you have to show them to your opponent? No thanks.

At least then just make a check top X cards that opens a new window similar to the one of the deck but limited to X cards from top.

Indeed, opening a new window and limiting the card will help prevent cheating and promote privacy.

Kota

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2013, 01:36:51 PM »

That way it would be easier to use skills such as look at top 5 and choose one card, while keeping both you and the the cards you drew hidden from your opponent.

Use the Check Cards function.  That's what it's for.

Meanwhile, I'd like more drag and drop functionality in general.  Also, maybe add tag fight functionality (I have some ideas on how to make it work, J, just Skype me if you want them.)  As for the Check Cards function, a "return all to deck" would be nice.  And maybe some zone recoding, to make it more visually accurate.  But other than that, it's all good.

Actually, one more thing I'd like to see...  Shield power instead of attack power when you guard with a card.

If it's draw top 5 or draw top 7, how long are you going to "check"?
Isn't it way more convenient to have a draw and reveal "1,3,5,7"? (doesn't solve privacy issue raised by 17BK201)
Not to mention has limitation such as certain grade, below g1, g1 or g2, g2 or g3 etc. There are still people out there who have yet to memorize all the card list and do not know about the card grade that you have chose with just "check"

And regarding shield power, what do you think about having a area that "add up" total shield. e.g drag epona to guard, and the "shield value" number jump to 10k, guard with g2, "shield value" number jump to 15k (add on to previous shield), and this number will reset with "draw a card" or "draw trigger". (may not work out as some g1 card has CB1 to add additional 5k shield on GC such as guard gryphon)

Though something that concern me more would be intercept by g2 unit (especially those with skill that add on +5k during intercept). Maybe if we drag g2 unit out of the gc, there will be a pop out as intercept, then system message can show +5k shield

Clearly, people don't understand the check cards functionality...  Cards checked from the top of the deck are not MEANT to be hidden.  Also, there are weird numbers like check top 2, and top 4.  You can't categorize it that way.  Just type the number in and hit check cards and the cards you check are totally private.  If you add cards from your deck to your hand, barring very exceptional circumstances, you are required to show them to your opponent in order to prove they match the criteria.  Privacy is not an issue.  Also, top X cards is already a thing, Hikari.  It's been there and done that.  People, please, please, PLEASE learn how to use the program correctly.  Checking the top x cards is not hard.  It opens a new window.  Remember that you currently must send all cards back to the deck in order to close that window.  Which, by the way, J, I'd like to see that changed.  Like, REALLY.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up